Close to the eastern shore of Lake Aspen lies what once was two villages. Their names were Skrävsta and Hogslaby. The first traces of mankind in these places came in the Bronze Age. There are graves situated on the hills in the north as well as remains of settlements in the valley. During both the older and the younger part of the Iron Age, plenty of grave fields existed. The best kept of these is Kyrkkulla (R104), situated close to were Hågelby stands today. Remains that are even older are the two ancient castles that lie on the hills to the north. They were probably built during the older Iron Age. Other signs that point to the conclusion that wealthy people resided here was the finding of a big Banquet hall from about 500 AD. It was probably in the 12th century that villages were formed from isolated farms. The first written proof came from the 14th century. The place where the houses stood can still be identified (R101). Traces of bricks and charcoal mark the ground and the remains of a fireplace can be seen. Skrävsta can still be seen but Hågelby is totally rebuilt. The house that stands there today is built by L.M. Ericsson 1916. He used concrete which was a new substance in those days.